Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hockey fans

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

Our neighbors invited us over last night for a hockey dinner party. They moved here from Canada and apparently they are huge hockey fans. They got the NHL channel because it was included in some direct tv specials when they had their satellite TV installed. I have only been to one hockey game in my life and I did not think it would be fun, but while at the game I learned that the entertaining part of hockey is the fights that happen amongst the players. Our neighbors told us that hockey is huge in Canada. I cannot imagine that it would be as big as football or baseball is here, but our neighbors assured us that it is. They were really disappointed when they moved here to find out that hockey is not a big sport here. I really like our neighbors and my husband and I would like to start hanging out with them more. We agreed to go to some hockey games with them this season as long as they agree to go to some football games with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment