Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Swamp People

The article written by Alonso Kramer

Sometimes I really don’t get my husband. He works strange hours most of the time and then has trouble sleeping, so I come home to him watching the strangest things on our direct tv. His newest obsession is called “Swamp People”. It’s about families in the Louisiana bayou who make a living hunting alligators and other native wildlife. Sometimes I wish I understood what makes him tick. I can watch one episode of this ridiculous show, but he can sit and watch 10 episodes in a row. One of the funniest things about it is that the characters all speak in a thick Cajun accent and I can barely understand them. The show actually needs subtitles to explain what is going on. When he’s done watching for some reason he thinks it’s funny to try and speak with a Cajun accent just to annoy me. After watching a few episodes with him just to make him happy, that is the last thing I want to hear! It’s funny for about 10 seconds but then it just starts driving me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment